Medtech

  • Dr. Annie Ideker on Streamlining EHR Work to Improve Clinician Well-Being

    In this excerpt from the Caring Greatly™ pod5cast, Annie Ideker, MD, a family medicine physician and Senior Medical Advisor for both Clinician Experience and Clinician/Patient Relationships in ambulatory practice for HealthPartners in Minnesota, discusses her team’s efforts to streamline EHR work and its impact on clinician well-being with Liz Boehm, Executive Strategist for Vocera Communications. In 2020, Dr. Ideker and…

    Read More »
  • TCI Anesthesia: New and More Universal Models 

    Natalie Samuda. RM, BSc. Becton Dickinson. Senior Clinical Resource Consultant. Medication Management Solutions. MENAT. James Waterson. RN, M.Med.Ed. MHE. Becton Dickinson. Medical Affairs Manager, Middle East & Africa.  An Evolving Science Total intravenous anesthesia (TIVA) has been a viable technique since the synthesis of the first intravenous anesthetics. From the introduction of barbiturates in 1921 and Thiopental in 1934, TIVA…

    Read More »
  • Evario one

    Modern hospital beds help to overcome many challenges. In times of staff shortage, they have to reduce workload and physical stress. In the fight against nosocomial infections, good hygiene properties are a strong asset. And in view of the many cost-cutting pressures, economical operation of the beds with little maintenance is a great relief. Stiegelmeyer, the leading German manufacturer of…

    Read More »
  • Omnicell’s solutions-based approach addresses the Gulf region’s key healthcare challenges

    Close partnerships between the healthcare and technology sectors are essential for driving long-term improvements. Omnicell is using its presence at this year’s Arab Health to share its message about closer engagement, which is key to unlocking the specific challenges of each provider.  Globally, the key areas which are causing the greatest issues for healthcare providers are patient safety, pressure on…

    Read More »
  • Digital Health and Patient Safety

    ‘Do no harm’ – an undertaking that every clinician takes when they enter the world of healthcare provision. It is one of the oldest guiding principles of medical service that has existed since the Hippocratic Oath was first uttered. This principle reflects on a huge responsibility that lies on the shoulders of healthcare providers and organizations across the entire spectrum…

    Read More »
  • Patient Safety sponsored by LINET MEA

    Patient safety and medical error prevention have been receiving significant attention in recent years as they have become the cornerstone in hospitals. Improving patient safety and quality of healthcare is key as every patient has the right to receive care in a safe and secure setting. Patient safety is the cornerstone of healthcare and the goal is to prevent any…

    Read More »
  • Ground breaking regional anesthesia device SAFIRA™ demonstrated live at Arab Health 2022

    A game changing UK technology that transforms Regional Anesthesia into a single operator procedure and improves patient safety, will be demonstrated live by a renowned clinician in the field of anesthesia at Arab Health 2022. The procedure is being carried out in a state-of-the-art operating theatre located in the ABHI UK Pavilion by Dr Emad Fawzy, a Consultant Anesthesiologist at…

    Read More »
  • The Future of Healthcare in the Middle East Is About Data and AI … and Partnership

    In the healthcare sector, approximately 5% of the data that is generated by imaging equipment, patient records and other medical information is used to improve patient diagnosis, care and outcomes. The other 95% is wasted.  What’s more, every 73 days, the volume of this data close to doubles. Meanwhile, in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, hospitals and health ministries…

    Read More »
  • Smart Hospital, Resilient Organization

    Health Information Technology Can Enable Organizational Resilience Clinical and operational systems in hospitals push out notifications about patient care events: a patient is deteriorating; a patient is about to fall; a patient has pressed the nurse call button. For care teams to respond effectively to notifications from multiple different systems, the hospital’s digital infrastructure must be able to rapidly convert…

    Read More »
  • Quiet Hospital Initiative Cuts Down on Overhead Announcements

    We launched the Quiet Hospital initiative last month, and have been able to dramatically reduce the number of overhead announcements by re-evaluating which announcements are really necessary, and using other means for communication to staff. It dramatically reduces the number of overhead announcements. New communications technology has helped us do that. Thanks to Alison Foard, there’s a little bit more…

    Read More »
Back to top button